Friday, February 20, 2009

Who Wants to Eat?

I was hoping with all the hoopla over "Slumdog Millionaire" and the Oscars, that someone would be able to dig up the video of the Christina Ricci-hosted episode of "Saturday Night Live" where she plays a contestant on a third-world country version of "Who Wants to be a Millionare?" called "Who Wants to Eat?" 

I couldn't find the video but I did find a transcript of the sketch here. And here's an excerpt where Ricci's character is told she will win a whole goat for answering correctly -- she has already won a bag of wheat for her family:

Rajneesh Philbin: Alright. Here's your chance to eat a goat. "What is the name of the disease where people refuse to eat because of a pathological fear of gaining weight? Is it A. Bulimia, B. Dysentery, C. Cholera, or D. Anorexia?"

Sonja: Hold on.. people starve themselves on purpose?! I've never heard such things.

Rajneesh Philbin: This is for a goat. What's your answer?

Sonja: You mean, they have food.. but they don't eat it because they think they're fat?

Rajneesh Philbin: That's right.

Sonja: I've heard of Cholera.. and I have Dysentery - I know it's not that. I'll take a guess and say Bulimia.

Rajneesh Philbin: Bulimia? Is that your final answer?

Sonja: [ unsure ] Yes.

Rajneesh Philbin: [ pause ] I'm sorry, Sonja, but it's Anorexia.. you've lost it all!

Sonja: Can't I have the rice?

Rajneesh Philbin: No, I'm sorry. We're feeding it to the goat!

Sonja: Can't I just smell it?

Rajneesh PhilbinNo! That's all the time we have. Join us next time for "Who Wants To Eat?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment